Housing Counseling Services
Catholic Charities’ provides housing counseling services, including the First Time Homebuyer Program:
- Pre & Post Purchase Counseling for First Time Homebuyers in the City of Elmira
- Mortgage Foreclosure Prevention in Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tompkins & Tioga Counties
- Financial Fitness Services
- Adopter of the National Industry Standards for Homeownership
- Education and Counseling
- Member of HomeSmartNY, the leading coalition of homeownership advisors in New York State
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
This is newly-launched Federal program provides low-income households with discounts of up to $30 a month for internet service as well as a one-time discount of up to $100 on the purchase of a computer or tablet.
Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
This is a Federal program that helps low-income households meet the high costs of home energy.
Income and resource eligibility standards change annually.
A single annual benefit based on the household’s method of heating is provided. Emergency assistance is also available.