The Mission of the Tompkins County Workersâ€™ Center is to stand up with all people treated unfairly at work. We will support, advocate for, and seek to empower each other to create a more just community and world.
The TCWC is committed to grassroots community organizing centering the voice of people most impacted by economic injustice. We have rolled out a new membership structure helping us to build power through membership and use that power to make meaningful progress on the issues that are important to us as workers.
- Iâ€™ll be there standing up for our rights as working people to a decent standard of living.
- Iâ€™ll be there organizing working families to take strong action to secure a better economic future for all of us.
- Iâ€™ll be there fighting for secure Living Wage jobs in the face of corporate attacks on working people and our communities.
- Iâ€™ll be there supporting the right of all workers to organize and bargain collectively in the workplace.
- You join in building power together! You support this work and the policies we advocate for. There is power in numbers and your membership helps add power to the many voices behind the work of TCWC; addressing legislators, business owners, and the public.
- Your voice matters!Â You are invited to participate in the strategy and decision-making of TCWC, joining together with other people who are interested in moving the work of economic justice forward.
- You share in the benefits for our members!Â From exclusive invitations for Tompkins County Workersâ€™ Center members to actual change taking place in the workplace for workers and free access to workshopsÂ Â â€“ there are many perks to membership!
What does it take to become a member?
- Fill out the membership form
- Take at least two actions with TCWC: attend a meeting or event, respond to an action alert, volunteer, sign a petition, offer a skill, take part in an activity, etc.
- I support the mission of the TCWC: The TCWC partners with workers, labor, and faith communities to fight workplace injustice through education and organizing, and advocating for public policy changes.
- I will participate in TCWC events throughout the year as my schedule permits.
- I will oppose oppression and discrimination by class, race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, and other forms. The TCWC intends to provide a space rich in solidarity and collaboration and free of harassment. Examples of harassment can include unwanted physical contact, offensive language & jokes, sexual advances, and gestures of a sexual nature.