The Tompkins County Workers’ Center is pleased to announce that we now have certified 84 employers as being Living Wage Employers, having just added the following five:
• Town of Danby, 1830 Danby Road, Ithaca
• Quintile Biosciences, 19 Brown Road, Ithaca
• Miller Mayer Law Office, 202 E. State Street, Ithaca
• Ithaca Oral Surgery and Implant Care, 1301 Trumansburg Road, Ithaca
• Avalon Homes, 950 Danby Road, Ithaca
The five new Living Wage-Certified Employers employ a total of 233 workers; this brings the total of workers, countywide and regionally, who are working for Living Wage Employers up to over 2,882 people.
The Workers’ Center initiated the Living Wage Employer Certification Program in 2006 to publicly recognize and reward those employers who pay a living wage. Any employer in the private, public, and non-profit sectors is eligible to apply. With your help, we can provide incentives for other employers in our community! Please go to http://www.tcworkerscenter.org/community/certified-employers/ to find out which employers are Living Wage-Certified, as well as to download criteria and an application form.