IMPORTANT: This position has been FILLED.
The Tompkins County Workers’ Center is hiring an Excluded Workers Fund (EWF) Outreach and Applicant Assistance Specialist who will be responsible for providing applicant assistance services to community members seeking to apply to New York State’s $2.1 billion EWF. The EWF provides financial relief to New Yorkers who have suffered income loss during the pandemic and were ineligible for federal and state relief programs. The Applicant Assistance Specialist will work closely with TCWC’s EWF Project Coordinators and other project staff to ensure that eligible immigrant workers gain access to the EWF This is a part-time position with a desired start date on or near September 1, 2021. The employment contracts will be for a 10-month period.
Excluded Worker Fund Outreach and Applicant Assistance Specialist
LocationÂ Tompkins, Broome, Tioga, Steuben, Chemung, Cortland, Seneca, Cayuga, and Schuyler Counties
ScheduleÂ 20 hours per week with flexible schedule.
- Creative problem-solving to connect with targeted communities that otherwise might be invisible, such as networking with churches, community centers, immigrant coalitions, etc.;
- Participate in in-person and virtual outreach activities, including the creation of outreach materials, and informational presentations across nine counties;
- Provide both in-person and remote applicant assistance services to community members seeking financial relief throughout the Southern Tier through NYS’s EWF, including but not limited to: conducting eligibility screenings, assisting with preparation of application materials, application submission, case follow-up, and referrals for related services;
- Participate in regular team meetings and required training sessions;
- Maintain accurate records of services provided and other EWF project activities;
- Compliance with all administrative procedures, including timely submission of timesheets and reimbursement requests.
- Ability to interact with immigrant workers whose primary language is not English, especially including Mandarin Chinese speakers;
- Direct ties to excluded worker communities in New York State preferred;
- Cultural competence and sensitivity to the diversity of the communities we serve;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- The ability to work independently and with a team;
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and GoogleÂ based applications and the ability to quickly learn new software and applications;
- A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle, with the ability to travel throughout the Southern Tier of NY.
Compensation: $17-20/hr depending on experience,plus benefits, including health insurance
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pete Meyers, TCWC Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line “EWF Applicant Assistance Specialist.”