TUESDAY, 330: Cayuga Ridge Nursing Home Fair Contract Rally
WHO: Nursing Home Workers Represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
WHEN: Tuesday, September 14th from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
**Press Conference at 4 p.m.
WHERE: Cayuga Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1229 Trumansburg Road, Ithaca. If driving, please park at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church right next door @ 1219 T-Burg Rd!
WHY: The workers at Cayuga Ridge Nursing @ Rehabilitation are fighting for a contract with good wages and benefits that will help to retain staff to provide quality care our local residents deserve.
Further issues in our fight include:
- Management contract proposals include meager wage increases and concessions in important areas which would result in staff PAYING for their own increase;
- Many nursing home staff, including CNAs, dietary staff, and custodians are not making a Living Wage–this has resulted in employees leaving to work in nearby fast food restaurants;
- Remaining coworkers are trying their hardest to provide good care to residents while working short-staffed, but need Living Wages and benefits to ensure that quality care can be a reality for Ithaca residents for years to come;
- Downstate owner Sully Braunstein is using stall tactics at the bargaining table and proposing concessions;
- We need community support to make it clear to the owners of Cayuga Ridge that Tompkins County has our members’ backs as they fight for what’s right.
September 14, 2021 @ 11:06 am
Was very pleased with the staff members that took care of my mom while she was there..
September 17, 2021 @ 4:45 pm
Great to hear, Carlotta!